Surf Shops and Lessons
Tofino Surf Shops and Lessons
Tofino is a great place to try surfing, especially during the summer months when the waves are smaller and perfect for learning on. Below are the two most recommended surf schools in Tofino. We know this because we live here!
Pacific Surf School is you’re Tofino Surfing Headquarters. Our fun and safe surf & SUP lessons are offered year round, and they’re customized for all levels of ability. We’re proud to say they’re the most comprehensive lessons you’ll find in Tofino! We also offer all season surfboard, stand up paddle board, and wet suit rentals at unbeatable prices. Visit our website to book a lesson!
Our certified surf instructors teach men, women, boys and girls the passion of surfing in a supportive and fun setting. We also offer advanced and intermediate surfing sessions. Our classroom along the Pacific Ocean near Tofino, Canada is home to some of the most highly rated beaches in the world for beauty and for learning how to surf. Surf Sister was established in 1999 and has been featured on The Mercer Report, Global News, Outside Magazine, En Route Magazine, Chatelaine, Canadian Living and more. Visit our website to book a lesson!
5 Tips for surfing:
1. Pick the right board. Most beginners should start riding a larger board and focus on standing and adjusting your feet to get proper weight balance.
2. Learn how to stand up on the surf board with a large board on small waves. If you master this you can keep catching larger waves until you somewhat confident standing up.
3. Keep a low centre of gravity when riding the wave. Keep your knees bent and make sure you keep your eyes ahead of you and don’t look down.
4. Paddle with hands closed. This may seem like common sense, but those not used to paddling on the ocean can easily forget.
5. Adjust your feet while you are riding each wave. Remember surfers move their feet. If you are a paranoid surfer, you want be able to adjust to the often changing balance of your board.